Will Smith recognized the cameraman!
will smith is a national treasure
autistictheon said: "average tv adaptation erases 7 characters per season" factoid actually just statistical error d&d georg, who live in a cave and erase over 1000 characters per day are outliers adn should not have been counted
Ladies and Gentlemen of Panem, do not be alarmed; President Snow is here to assure you that you are safe. District Thirteen was destroyed 75 years ago. Katniss Everdeen was destroyed. There is no threat to you. Please continue on, you will be informed of more details as they unfold.
BITCH NO SHE AINTWTF??
I WANT TO KILL SOMEBODY AND HAVE THIS AS THE BACKGROUND MUSIC
i cranked this up and closed my eyes and thE ENTIRE FINAL FIGHT FROM RULE OF TRANSFORMATION PLAYED OUT IN MY HEAD LIKE A FUCKING MOVIE
THE SPECIAL EFFECTS WERE SPECTACULAR
Anonymous said: Everyone's talking about Arianne being cut from the series, why is this a big deal?
Because if it is true, what they’ve done is taken a major POV chapter female character from the books and erased her and given her role to a male FOR LITERALLY NO REASON. WHAT IS THE REASON? WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS? HOW DOES IT BENEFIT THE SHOW AND THE STORY TO TAKE AWAY ARIANNE’S STORY AND GIVE IT TO A DUDE? THERE IS NO REASON THERE’S NOT ONE REASON
and like if that wasn’t bad enough, so much of the point of bringing in Dorne and the Dornish characters is to show how differently they view and treat women within the medieval hell that is Westeros. It’s the only kingdom that doesn’t practice primogeniture and has a history of female rulers (for example, Doran and Oberyn’s mother, not their father, ruled in Dorne. BUT WHEN THEY THREW A THROWAWAY REFERENCE TO DORNE’S PREVIOUS RULER IN THE SHOW, THEY CHANGED IT TO A MAN LIKE LMAO WOW D&D DID WOULD IT REALLY FUCKING KILL YOU TO MENTION A RULING PRINCESS DON’T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BASIC ASS ON THE WAY OUT). The whole fucking kingdom was founded by a woman. It serves as a way to show that the misogyny is Westeros is not the norm, but a choice and that it’s not like that everywhere. It’s easy for the reader to be like ‘okay, this is a medieval-based world, of course women aren’t going to rule’, but Dorne just existing the way it does throws that completely out of the window and it’s REALLY IMPORTANT.
And like a concept so central to the asoiaf series is shining a light on how misogynistic the fantasy genre itself often is, how female characters are underdeveloped or token ‘sorceress’ villains or two-dimensional love interests. It shows through example how authors have the choice to write dynamic roles for women in a fantasy setting but just choose not to and blame it on the standard within their world? like YOU WROTE THIS WORLD. YOU INVENTED IT. YOU HAVE MADE UP THE CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS OF THIS WORLD AND WILLINGLY CHOSEN TO NOT INCLUDE WOMEN IN THAT OR SHOW HOW THEY CAN STILL HAVE STORYLINES AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IN A SETTING THAT SUFFOCATES THEM
And like by choosing FOR NO REASON (!!!!!!!!!!!!) to TAKE AWAY a female character like Arianne - who is sexual, who owns her sexuality, who uses it as a weapon, who was raised to rule, who is confident in her power, who is in cahoots with her girl gang cousins (who are all powerful in their own ways, who all identify their femininity differently and use it as a tool differently) to STAGE A COUP AND PUT A FEMALE ON A THRONE OF THE ENTIRE SEVEN KINGDOMS BY USING THE VERY LAWS OF DORNE THAT GIVE HER POWER is honestly just so fucking offensive. And stupid. And throwing one of the key tenets of the series back in its face probably because they’ve seen how ”’badass”’ people think Oberyn was and want another ”’badass”’ Dornish character just like him and of course that can’t be a woman!! No woman cool here!! Tough boy make show better!! Go jump off a cliff.
#HONESTLY IF THIS IS TRUE I AM CONSIDERING NOT WATCHING ANYMORE#IT’S JUST HONESTLY A FUCKING FISTFUL OF SAND IN THE FACE#you’re turning the series into the exact grimdark fuckfest the books are satirising#and it’s just so fucking hard to take#and like if they do cut her NEVER FORGIVE how they used#oberyn’s feminism and support of women that he got from being raised in dorne#as a way to make him seem cooler and more progressive#without showing how that’s IN PRACTICE in dorne AND IS A REALLY IMPORTANT PART OF THE POLITICAL CLIMATE THERE#the great satan d&d#*also arianne is a WOMAN OF COLOUR#in a POSITION OF POWER oh my god i can’t believe we’re even talking about having her written out
PTSD, traumatic memories, abuse, scars, eating disorders, phobias, delusions, anxiety, body image issues, gender or other dysmorphia…there are plenty of reasons that for some people, naked is HARD. And forced to confront your naked body directly enough to clean it is HARDER. But life doesn’t have a lot of room for people who struggle with basic hygiene, and even if you don’t deal with other people, there is a point where if you don’t clean yourself, you become at risk for skin infections and other issues, so I thought I’d offer a few tips, some from personal experience, some from my therapist because this is a thing I’ve struggled with myself:
1. Love your products. For me, it’s LUSH stuff. I love the way that shit smells, the way it feels, the textures, the colors, everything. Even the company policies and marketing. I want to smell like that and put it all over me. If you’re already struggling, you don’t need to be gagging on the smell or shuddering from the texture of dollar store body wash. If there’s any way you can afford it or find free samples or anything, use whatever products you love most.
2. Distance yourself. If touching your body bothers you, use a loofa, a puff, or a brush instead of your bare hand or a thin cloth or mitt.
3. Turn the lights off and cover the mirrors. It may seem silly, but sometimes just not seeing can help. If you can’t do it in the dark or if total dark freaks you out, try a candle (outside the shower) or nightlight. Mirrors should be self explanatory, especially because bathroom light is often very unflattering.
4. Don’t tempt yourself. If you have a history of or urges towards self harm, don’t have razors, scrubs, or harsh sponges/scrubbers in the shower or in easy reach after.
5. Distract yourself. Get a waterproof case for your phone. Sing in the shower. Draw on the wall with soap crayons. Draw on YOU with soap crayons. Have an audiobook. Use the time to drill yourself on trivia, prep for a test, or work on that thing you’re writing. Try to remember the alphabet backwards in another language.
6. Ink up. If you can and are so inclined, consider getting one or more tattoos. They can give you a real sense of positive ownership of your body, and you can focus on the art and its meaning when you see yourself naked rather than paying attention to the canvas.
7. Set a timer. Things are often a billion times more endurable if you know when they’ll end, having to rush can sometimes help keep you from dwelling on emotions, and it helps prevent zoning out and getting the shitty surprise when the hot water runs out.
8. Make it necessary. Paint on yourself or sharpie on yourself. Pour on something with a gross texture like lube or vegetable oil. Put paint in your hair. The focus on getting ____ off can help, and it makes it harder to keep finding reasons to not.
Sometimes, though it’s not going to happen. So consider a dry shampoo or dry body wash, a quick change of clothes, some extra deodorant, a spritz of body spray, some powder, and try again tomorrow. You’re not a failure because today didn’t happen, and succeeding tomorrow is not lessened by today.
And if you do it, reward yourself. You deserve it. You did the thing and it was a hard thing, and that’s awesome.